INDUSTRIES THAT USE OUR PRODUCTS:
- Material Handling
- Oil & Gas
- Temporary Power
- Traffic Safety
- Venues & Events
ELASCO PRODUCTS, LLC is the corporate entity which includes ELASCO GUARDS which was established in 1988.
Elasco Products will be the vehicle for new cable management product development and expansion of solid cast, polyurethane products. Over the past two decades, Elasco has supplied its cable protectors and dropovers numerous companies in a various industries including utility companies, mining companies, safety companies, US government agencies (including NASA and the CDC), and multiple branches of the US military. Our products are designed and manufactured to withstand high impact and heavy load bearing activities while also having strong abrasion and chemical resistance to the elements.
ELASCO GUARDS have been present on the battle field as well as the boardroom, providing end users with cable management, protection and organization.
In addition to a complete line of lineal pieces, Elasco’s products includes many turns, intersections and end boots to allow infinite configurability for short term cable protection and organization needs as well as the durability to withstand environmental demands for longer term setups.
Elasco Urethane was formed in 1988 as a partnership between Henry Larrucea and Dan Walters to produce urethane skateboard wheels. Larrucea later went on to design and patent high performance trucks used in downhill, high speed activities. The development of polyurethane wheels revolutionized the skateboard industry and later this technology transferred to quad skate and inline wheel applications. Elasco developed their own brands, including RED STAR, but remained focused as the domestic OEM supplier for many popular US brands.
Elasco expanded their production capabilities beyond consumer and recreational wheels and provided solutions to other applications such as;
- Bowling and pin setting equipment
- Cable and hose protectors
- Horse racing and training
- Track and field
- Pilates training equipment
- Olympic style free weights and dumbbells
- OEM and aftermarket suspension components
- Industrial wheels and caster
- Load wheels for material handling
As the company expanded in 1988, Elasco developed their own line of industrial cable and hose protectors. Elasco Guards was a niche player in the fledgling cable protector field, however, these guards won acceptance from numerous major utility companies including Con-Ed in New York, SoCal Edison in Southern California, and PG&E in Northern California to name a few.
Elasco provided cable guards for the 2002 Winter Olympic Games in Salt Lake City, Utah as well as many other special events including the Super Bowl, NCAA Finals, NASCAR races and other special events throughout the USA.
In 2007, Elasco Urethane spun off the cable guard and dropover products to David Lasky who formed ELASCO GUARDS, Inc. and moved production back to Huntington Beach, CA, which was the original home to Elasco.
Under Lasky’s leadership, Elasco Guards expanded its distribution channels and catalog/internet presence with major wholesale partners such as Global Products, McMaster-Carr Supply, CableOrganizer, Wesco Distribution, Duraline and Seton-Brady.
With the sale of Elasco Guards to a new ownership group in 2015, and the formation of Elasco Products, LLC, the brand has found new energy, resources and vision to propel the company into the future.
Over the past 8 years, Elasco has expanded their presence in the Cable Protection industry and is now looking to expand their global presence with new distribution channels and increase their product offering with new innovative products.
Elasco Products only designs and manufactures their products using the highest quality of materials and equipment. All products are manufactured using polyurethane materials and through an open cast molding system. Our materials are 100% non-hazardous including mercury free, and all made in the USA.
Why we use Open-Cast Polyurethane compared to other processes and materials:
- Injection molded polymers do not offer the superior physical properties of open-cast thermoset polyurethane. This hot cast process provides a long slow cure and post cure that enhances the cross-linking of the polyurethane molecule.
- Compared to Rubber: Polyurethane is not biodegradable like rubber so will not rot and degrade over time like rubber. It can withstand the natural elements, such as the sun, much better, and has superior tolerance to greases, oils, and other chemical substances. Pigment hardness in color can also be easily adjusted with polyurethanes.
- Compared to Plastic: Plastics are much more likely to crack and break under high impact pressure. Not only is polyurethane stronger in load bearing and high impact situations, but it is also retains its elasticity and strength much better.
- Compared to Metal: Polyurethane weights less, is easier to handle, generates far less noise, stronger abrasion and corrosion resistance, and typically outlasts and outperforms metal; often lasting three times longer.